Saturday, February 12, 2011

Weekend Reboot

This weekend I'm finally getting around to reading a book I received from a dear friend right before my wedding - Love and Respect by Emerson Eggeriches. I've only worked my way through two chapters and I'm already being convicted and motivated. He teaches in the beginning on understanding how literally God is in Ephesians 5:33 - 

"And the husband must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband."

Women - respect your husbands. I cannot stress this enough even as I am still learning the importance of this. We desire a fairytale love from our husbands and expect it without respecting them. NEWSFLASH: They desperately need our respect, just as much as we long for affection and love.  


My Dads advice to Eric and I on our wedding day was this: "Eric, remember, your bride has a short memory. When you tell her you love her, repeat it. Often. Every five minutes should do. And Trish, remember that Eric can't read minds. If you want him to know something, tell him. Out loud. Use simple words."

He said it best. I'll leave the rest for the review, as I'm still reading and definitely still learning! 



Has anyone else read this book? What did you think? Positive or negative, I would love to hear what you thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment