Sunday, March 27, 2011

an unfaithful bride

"I will punish her for all the times she deserted me, when she burned incense to her imaged of Baal, put on her ear rings and jewels, and went out looking for her lovers," says the Lord. 
"But then I will win her back once again. I will lead her out into the desert and speak tenderly to her there. I will return her vineyards to her and transform the Valley of Trouble into a gateway of hope. She will give herself to me there, as she did long ago when she was young, when I freed her from her captivity in Egypt. 
"In that coming day" says the Lord, "you will call me 'my husband' instead of 'my master'. O Israel, I will cause you to forget your images of Baal; ever their names will no longer be spoken... I will make you my wife forever, showing you righteousness and justice, unfailing love and compassion. I will be faithful to you and make you mine, and you will finally know me as Lord. 

Hosea 2:13-17, 19-20

No comments:

Post a Comment